Harland and Wolff Heavy Industries Limited is a leader in design engineering, ship repair & conversion, manufacturing, assembly and logistical services for renewable energy projects
Founded in 1861 Harland and Wolff are renowned as an innovative engineering company having designed and built some of the world's most beautiful ships. The superb facilities also provide a wide range of services for ship repair and conversion. Being a marine manufacturing expert allowed the development of products specifically designed for the Oil and Gas market.
This experience has recently fuelled the evolution into building structures for the renewable energy market. Harland and Wolff are continually developing new design and manufacturing methods that progress offshore energy commercialisation.
The world famous fabrication facilities also support the assembly and logistical methods that are neccessary to supply offshore wind farms, serving a customer base in the Irish sea and beyond.
The design engineering resource of Harland and Wolff is one of the largest independent and most experienced marine design engineering consultancies with expertise on numerous challenging projects for the merchant, naval and offshore sectors.
The facility is fully networked and supported by a modern in-house IT department.
Ship design, building and repair
- Ship and offshore unit design
- Ship and offshore unit repair and conversion
- Ship and offshore unit building
- Ship and offshore unit decommissioning
Heavy marine engineering
- Design and build offshore substation platforms and modules
- Design and build offshore foundations for turbines, met masts and substations
- Detail design and build of renewable energy devices and prototypes
Offshore Wind Farm logistics base
- Large storage facility, assembly and load-out specialists
- On-shore engineering design and manufacture support
Design Engineering Services
- Marine design consultancy
- Naval architecture
- Accreditation service